Sunday, December 16, 2007

HOLY COW!

Has it really been two weeks???? I have been really busy...with work and trying to get the house in order. Everyone who knows me knows that housekeeping is not high on my priority list! LOL! I try, but it seems so mundane to me...not my cup of tea. Anyway, with new demands at work it has been very, very busy for me. So...on to what's been happening!

First we had our first snowstorm and it was lovely! Here is my favorite pic:


What can be better than Biscuit in a snowstorm???? Isn't she a dumpling?

Then yesterday (Saturday) Gen came home from school. We were going to head into the city today (Sunday) and have lunch "under the tree"...which means the Walnut Room at Marshall Field's (it will never be Macy's to me....) and a peek at their windows. Well, Madeline had to work today and so at the last minute, we decided to head into Chicago and meet Madeline for DINNER under the tree. We sent Madeline ahead to get us a pager...and that way by the time we got there, we had an hour wait. Not too bad...the wait has previously been 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours! YIKES! The food was yummy and we ate until we were stuffed. The four of us shared two desserts: the Frango Mint Cheesecake (my fave) and the Martha Stewart Gingerbread Cake. They were both really delicious! I don't know why we didn't take a picture of THAT!!

First of all, here is a picture of the three girls at the piano is the "waiting" area - one of many! Sorry it's blurry. I was the photographer, holding purses and coats and bags...AND trying to take the picture!! LOL!


This is a photo of the tree in the Walnut Room. It is decorated with Martha Stewart ornaments and surrounded by a glittered village. For those of you that are familiar with her line at Macy's/Marshall Fields, you will know that the ornaments she has created for them are of glittered houses and churches, etc. They are very vintage-y and absolutely adorable!


Here is a close-up of the glitter houses. Aren't they something? Knowing how I love bling, these decorations were right up my alley! I would love a village like this in my house!!!



This is a picture that Emma took of the wreath on the window. We were seated right there. Unfortunately, we didn't have a seat near the tree this year, but sitting where we did allowed us to look at the beautiful snow coming down.

Little did we know, but a snowstorm had hit Chicago! After dinner we looked at the windows (which had a Nutcracker/Chicago theme this year) and walked to Nordstrom's Rack (or whatever it's called). We were covered in snow. It was snowing very heavily. (Of course I didn't get any pictures of that!). Then we all hit the wall. It was about 9PM and we just couldn't "go" any more. We decided to call it quits and head home...after giving Madeline a ride home, of course. It took us 30 minutes to drive her to her dorm! I couldn't believe it!! The roads were terrible. We made the decision to take Lake Shore Drive to I-94, hoping that would be clearer than the back roads. Well, it may have been clearer but a 40-minute drive took 1-1/2 hours! It was a nightmare. Thankfully we made it home, safe and sound.

It was an adventure and we all had fun...but not a drive I care to repeat. We had a blast and I am very glad that we managed to have dinner under the tree. This morning we woke up to about 7 or 8 inches of snow. YIKES! Emma was scheduled to take her driving test for her license today. Needless to say, THAT was cancelled! (You are all safe on the roads for another week...)

NOW...on to crafting! I have lots of things I want to post, but am running out of time to do so. I have to get this house in order first and then I will return with some pics of what I have been up to...creative wise. So, check back often...and this time, I mean it!

Have you been reading other blogs? Tim Holtz is taking blog-land by storm! He has created some of the most wonderful tags for Christmas. Be sure to check him out! You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for looking and check back soon!

No comments: